Well, I am writing this because I fell off the wagon yesterday! I know, I know, I can’ t believe it either!
I do restaurant reviews in my local area and I write articles about healthier options. Well I went to a Tea Room and I have never been to one before so didn’t really know what to expect.
The lady brings this 3 Tier tower of things with all kinds of different food including desserts. Now the thing that is interesting is, I have not had sugar for over a month so I can normally control myself more but I don’t know what happened.
I had a few bites of this, a few bites of that, then another tiny dessert. Granted, these were bite size things so it wasn’t really that bad, the problem that concerns me is how I was acting. That was weird.
Since I overcame my sugar addiction, I have been able to have a little bit of sugar in the past and it not be a big deal but sometimes my guard is down more than I expect. That is what you have to pay attention to. I have to ask myself:
1) Do I have some life situations going on that are causing more stress and I have been more emotional about?
2) Am I on my monthly cycle?
3) Did I eat other regular carbohydrates that could be affecting my blood sugar more which makes me more susceptible to crave sugar?
4) Did I recently have things that were sweet but not table sugar? Yes I had quite a bit of fruit the other day.
So that is what this is all about, paying attention to your warning signs. Now the goal is to pay attention to that before I go into a situation like that. That is the key and that is what I normally do. But I am human and I blew it on that one!
So what do you do? You get back up, you don’t beat yourself up. You GET OVER it and move on and you DON’T have sugar again the next day. I have a 3 day goal to stay away from sugar, then my sugar cravings pretty much go away and I don’t even crave it anymore.
Well there you have it, the Sugar Addiction Specialist is being transparent with you, like I always am because I think its better for you to hear that I have to pay attention too and I am not perfect.
I don’t believe in still calling myself a sugar addict because when I am away from it, I don’t function like an addict at all. But you better be on your guard and pay attention to when you are the most likely to fall back into previous unhealthy patterns.
I have a few things for you:
1) An online seminar I did for you about Sugar Addiction. You will really know if you are addicted to it after watching this!
2) A quiz you can take to self-diagnose yourself to see if you have a sugar addiction. Only you can truly tell yourself if you are addicted to sugar. Just like I heard they say in AA, “You can’t tell someone else they have an addiction, they have to figure it out for themselves to do something about it.”
Thanks for listening and check out my videos on you tube, just search “Sugar Addiction – Samantha Taylor”
Talk to you later!