Sugar Cravings: Spit Test to see if you have Candida
Sugar Cravings can be caused by having a Candida yeast infection in the body, even men can get it for it’s internal in your cells – it causes many more problems than just sugar cravings. Candida feeds on sugar and if a person has Candida, they can tend to be more prone to crave sugar. You can get a test for this at your Doctor’s office through blood. The most reliable medical Candida test is the Candida Immune Complexes test. Your regular Physician may not believe in this as a ‘problem’ and may not order it for you, so you might have to go to a doctor that specializes in alternative medicine.
You can take “The Quiz” to self-diagnose whether you even are a sugar addict or not, click here.
You can also do a home test that has been shown to be pretty accurate called, The Candida Spit Test. I was a sugar addict for 30 years so I wanted to see if I had this issue. I did this test and sure enough had these ‘spider like’ veins that came down in the spit – which is the main indicator with a home test.
- Fill a clear glass with a few inches of water and place it by your bed at night or by your bathroom sink for use. When you wake in the morning, work up a bit of saliva and spit on top of the water in the glass.
- It is critical nothing enters your mouth or touches your lips before you do this. Do not drink any water, do not brush your teeth or kiss your partner (which you probably wouldn’t do that before you brush your teeth anyway!).
- Right away, take a look at how the saliva looks in the water. Check it again 2 or 3 minutes later. Check the glass every 15 minutes until you leave for the day.
- Healthy saliva will be clear, it will float on top and it will slowly dissolve into the water having no cloudiness and it does NOT sink. There will normally be some bubbles or foam present.
- Saliva that has Candida will have one or more attributes that point to a Candida albicans overgrowth:
- Strings traveling down to the bottom of the glass or ‘spider-like’ veins
- Cloudy saliva that sinks to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy specks suspended in the water
- The more strings and cloudiness there are and the faster it develops, the greater the Candida albicans overgrowth.
- Don’t freak out though, because this is fixable and the fastest way I have found to fix it is to go the health food store and get a product by Renew Life called, CandiGONE – it’s not very expensive at all.
a. It’s a supplement program you do for 2 weeks. After I did it, my spit test went back to normal, BUT I still struggled with sugar for many years after that. It was more proof to me that it was important to make my 14 day sugar addiction solution product, in addition to the other reasons I have taught you about of why you may crave sugar. Check out this one great tool, a free video that I made for you called The 3 Mistakes Sugar Addicts Make and How to Avoid Them.
b. I do have to say, though, that after I did that cleanse, it was a few years later before I could get totally off the sugar addiction so I know that keeping the knowledge of the test in my mind helped. I struggled with a sugar addiction for 30 years and I am SO glad its gone, believe me, I do NOT miss it. Here are a few things that I learned how to break the addiction.
If you would like to check out a free internet seminar I have on overcoming a Sugar Addiction, click this link. You really can get rid of sugar cravings and its wonderful not to struggle with them anymore!